Thank you for visiting Green Network Asia.
We would like to invite you to write and publish your op-ed (opinion) articles with Green Network Asia on our “Opinion” platform.
We intend to promote valuable insights, points of view, and voices of the authors from different nationalities and backgrounds to address environmental, social, economic, governance, and cultural-related problems on topics surrounding sustainable development.
You can explore any issue, case study, and event in local, regional, or global context as long as the messaging is relevant and valuable for the international audience.
By publishing your op-ed with Green Network Asia, you may persuade governments, businesses, civil society organizations, and individual citizens and customers in the Asia Pacific and beyond on matters that you find important and are close to your heart.
You will benefit from the careful curation, meticulous editing, and beautiful illustration that our team will dedicate to your piece.
You will also gain exposure in our ecosystem that will strategically promote your insight, point of view, voice, and profile to our multi-stakeholder communities.
We budget IDR 500,000 as the honorarium for each published original op-ed at Green Network Asia.
Please include your bank account details in the submission if you choose to receive the honorarium should your op-ed get published.
We will transfer the honorarium to you latest by 30 days after publication.
Options for Your Honorarium
Some of the authors whose op-ed articles were published in the past expressed happiness and gratitude for our work on their pieces. Thus, they were not keen to receive the honorarium.
We don’t take such generosity for granted. We then decided to provide two options to accommodate the same preference in the future:
2) channeling the honorarium to Layanibumi as a charity on your behalf.
Layanibumi is a newly established non-profit organization dedicated to serving people at the bottom of the pyramid and the planet. We power the organization by providing comprehensive assistance to support its overall operations. Please note that Layanibumi’s website has not been available online at this time.
We will consult you in person regarding the two options should your op-ed get published and you choose not to receive the honorarium.
Topics of Interest
Your op-ed should cover any of the following topics:
Poverty Eradication | Rural Development | Food Security | Nutrition | Sustainable Agriculture | Health and Well-Being | Education | Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment | Water and Sanitation | Energy | Green Economy | Sustainable Tourism | Employment, Decent Work for All, and Social Protection | Sustainable Transport | Industry | Reduced Inequalities | Disaster Risk Reduction | Sustainable Cities and Human Settlements | Sustainable Consumption and Production | Chemicals and Waste | Climate Change | Atmosphere | Small Island Developing States | Oceans and Seas | Biodiversity and Ecosystems | Forest | Mountain | Desertification, Land Degradation, and Drought | Children | Information for Integrated Decision Making and Participation | Institutional Framework and International Cooperation for Sustainable Development | Capacity Development | Finance | Financial Inclusion | Multi-stakeholder Partnership and Voluntary Commitments | Science | Technology | Trade | Corporate Responsibility | Corporate Accountability | | CSR| ESG | Harm Reduction | Impact Investment | Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Your op-ed must be original and has never been published on any other platforms before.
- Your op-ed must be grounded in solid research, supported by relevant evidence, facts, and data. You may use any of the two basic methods: field research (using primary materials from interviews, observations, visiting the scene, and your own knowledge) or library, academic, internet research (using secondary materials; graphs, charts, scholarly articles).
- You have to hyperlink all sources/references available online into your draft to ensure credibility and allow our community readers to learn further. Only legitimate sources are accepted.
- Our community readers are diverse, spanning from experts, practitioners, decision-makers, professionals, activists, entrepreneurs to the general public. You are expected to deliver your op-ed in easy reading and popular writing style while maintaining the quality of the content.
- Your op-ed should be within 700 – 800 words, including the title and subheadings.
- We highly recommend you use subheadings highlighting important points in your op-ed to help our community readers navigate your op-ed more quickly and easily.
- We recommend your op-ed to include: the problem you see and want to help tackle, solutions that you propose to address that problem, and supporting evidence/case study/fact/data that strengthens your argument.
We do our best to read your op-ed submission and notify you about our editorial decision as soon as possible within two weeks.
If we don’t get back to you within two weeks, you may assume that we will not publish your op-ed.
We do careful final editing on the op-ed that we have approved to be published. We ask the author to approve all the changes before publishing the final version on the web.
Please submit your op-ed via email: email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to learn, share, and collaborate with you in the ecosystem of shared value for sustainable development.
On behalf of the Green Network Team,
Last updated: 16 September 2022