Green Network Asia receives many press releases from different organizations. Our editorial team independently picks press releases that meet our editorial standards, converts them into our original evergreen soft news, and publishes them on our “News” platform organically, at no cost.
To further clarify “our editorial standards” as mentioned above, our team decided to create general Press Release Guidelines to increase the possibility of your press release being approved for publication on our “News” platform.
Here are some guidelines that may be helpful:
What to Cover in Your Release
Your press release can cover any of your organization and community updates, such as organizational development, innovation as a solution to solve a particular societal and environmental problem, public policy, program, good practice, report, research finding, event, conference, and movement.
The Release that We Prefer
Your press release should be newsworthy. It should cover something up-to-date, relevant, valuable, and relatable to the interest of the general public.
The primary purpose of our News platform is to inform; however, all of our digital publications are meant to advocate for sustainable development and sustainability. We are not a neutral party. We choose “advocacy journalism” in our work, so the overall messaging should be within that purpose.
- Your press release should be relevant to our unique niche in sustainable development, topics of interest, and audiences.
- The title should be 5-8 words.
- The keywords must be reflected in the title, first paragraph, and any subtitles throughout the body of the content.
- The total word count should be around 450-600.
- Sources must be credible and linkable. You should hyperlink all sources available online in your text to improve credibility.
- Include relevant quotes from authoritative and important figures in your organization that are supportive of your announcement.
- Include the best high-resolution (ideally 1500 x 738) featured image that is the most representative of your announcement. You can submit a maximum of 5 images so that our designer can pick the best one. Please provide detailed information about the images, such as the source/photo credit, the caption, and the alt-text.
- Identify your organization’s public relations liaison by providing the full name, job title, email address, and mobile number (WhatsApp and Telegram).
- Indicate the press release date and inform whether it’s for immediate publication or a later date.
Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Lastly, you are fully responsible for ensuring all information and data used in your press release are accurate, precise, specific, and up-to-date.
Please submit your press release via email:
While we value your efforts to follow these guidelines, we are not obliged to approve your submission. We cannot guarantee to publish all the press release submissions organically. It is our absolute discretion whether or not to approve and publish your press release organically based on our independent editorial judgment.
We will let you know if we decide to publish the information from your press release organically, either directly with the link to the news or with additional questions we may need to clarify before publishing.
Last updated: 15 September 2023