Green Network receives many press releases from different organizations. Our editorial team independently picks press releases that meet our editorial standards, converts them into our original evergreen soft news, and publishes them on our “News” platform.
To further clarify “our editorial standards” as mentioned above, our team decided to create general Press Release Guidelines to increase the possibility of your press release being approved and published on our “News” platform.
Here are some guidelines that may be helpful:
What to Cover in Your Release
Your press release can cover any of your organization and community updates, such as organizational development, innovation as a solution to solve a particular problem, public policy, program, good practice, report, research finding, event, conference, and movement.
The Release that We Prefer
Your press release should be newsworthy. It should cover something new/up-to-date, relevant, valuable, and relatable to the interest of the general public.
The primary purpose of our News platform is to inform; however, all of our digital publications are meant to advocate for sustainable development and sustainability. We are not a neutral party. We choose “advocacy journalism” in our work, so the overall messaging should be within that purpose.
- Your press release should be relevant to our unique niche (sustainable development), topics of interest, and audience.
- The title should be 5-8 words, including keywords.
- Word count should be around 400-600.
- Sources must be credible and linkable. You should hyperlink all sources available online in your text to improve credibility.
- Include relevant quotes from authoritative and important figures in your organization that are supportive of your messages.
- Include the best high-resolution (ideally 1500 x 738) featured image that is the most representative of your announcement. You can submit more images so that our designer can pick the best one. Please provide detailed information about the images, such as the source/photo credit, the caption, and the alt-text.
- Identify your organization’s public relations liaison by providing the full name, job title, email address, and mobile number (WhatsApp and Telegram).
- Indicate the press release date and inform whether it’s for immediate publication or a later date.
Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Lastly, you are fully responsible for ensuring all information and data used in your press release are accurate, precise, specific, and up-to-date.
Please submit your press release via email:
[email protected] cc [email protected]
While we value your efforts to follow these guidelines, we are not obliged to approve your submission. We cannot guarantee to publish all the press release submissions. It is our absolute discretion whether or not to approve and publish your press release based on our independent editorial judgment.
We will let you know if we decide to publish the information from your press release, either directly with the link to the news or with additional questions we may need to clarify before publishing.
You may also need our support for Sustainability Communications & Thought Leadership (Content Partner) to maximize the impact of your stakeholder engagement and public communications efforts.
Learn more about our offering and business partnership opportunities here.
Last updated: 14 April 2023